Business Development – Inside Sales
Founded and run by former and current restaurant owners, MarginEdge helps restaurants remove the hassle of the back office. We let chefs, managers and owners get out of the office so they can do the important things; spend time with staff and guests, and build sales. We have 300+ clients in 25+ states, and have accomplished 25% of that in the last 4 months. Get on board!
Inside Sales position; but not just “any” Inside Sales position!
Working from our Merrifield VA office (one block from Mosaic, a 10 min walk from Metro with a shuttle), you’ll be banging the phones, sending crafty emails and making friends all over the hospitality world.
But wait; there’s more! We’ve proven the Outside model and are now looking to figure out Inside. The intent is that after this person is a success, they will be the one to hire, train and lead others to that model. Today we figure it out together, tomorrow you lead a team.
The Job: Outbound Sales
- We have data, but you are generating your own business (not reliant on inbound leads).
- Perform initial discovery calls, then online demos.
- Follow pre-defined metrics (unless after a few months we learn enough to decide they need to evolve).
- You are organized. You’ve not memorized the next step with each prospect but don’t have to, because it’s all in the CRM.
Have to Haves
- You can see the future and in it, you are the leader. It looks like you leading a team of people that were trained based on the success metrics that you developed in your first six months.
- 2-4 years of sales experience, preferably (but not required) hospitality tech.
- Love using a CRM system.
- OK, well “like” using a CRM system.
- OK, well you use it.
- No seriously, you do. Every day, all day.
- Respect for both process, personalization, and relevance.
- You love being a part of a team, we win together.
- Fit in then stand out.
- You love restaurants. Everybody loves restaurants but you really love restaurants.
Nice to Haves:
- You’ve run a restaurant and you know that sales cures all and that every minute you are in the office is a minute that you were not with staff and / or guests.
- You’ve worked in a restaurant.
We are established (300+ locations, 98.5+% retention) but young (3 years old) company, and things are not going to be perfect. When you are running an Inside Sales team three years from now with a bazillion people reporting to you, you’ll remember the time fondly. But until then… we are still trying to figure out a few things.
Think this job is for you? Please share your resume, a link to your LinkedIn profile, and anything else you want to tell us (have some fun with that if you like) to email@example.com.
MarginEdge is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, religion or other legally protected status.