Business Development – Inside Sales
Founded and operated by former and current restaurant owners, MarginEdge’s mission is to create a world where restaurant operators can focus on the business they love. By eliminating unproductive paperwork and streamlining the flow of operational data, MarginEdge is reimagining the back office and freeing restaurants to spend more time on their culinary offerings and guest experiences. MarginEdge serves 1000 restaurants in 34 states, having now tripled sales for 3 consecutive years (no lie). We are on track to do it again this year and are looking for your help to keep it up! We are a venture capital backed company scaling up in an enormous market that’s just ripe for change.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime to join a startup that is not PLANNING to grow, but is in the midst of explosive growth! Hop on board!
Inside Sales / Business Development position
Working from our Merrifield, VA office (two blocks from Mosaic, 10-min walk from Metro), you’ll be contacting restaurant owners all over the country to evangelize what we do and “help us help them” get their managers out of the back office to allow them to spend more time with guests and staff. Full cycle sales from research to outreach to demo and launch.
- Generate your own business (we are making great strides with lead generation, but that will be the gravy, you make your own steak)
- Execute Discovery calls or meetings (listen), then a web-based demo (listen some more).
- Adhere to predefined activity metrics
- And along the way… you stay organized because you religiously use a customer relationship management platform (CRM)
Have to Haves
- You are a former restaurant General Manager or Owner with 3+ years of experience in a National restaurant chain
- Following your career running restaurants, you are open to your next career – a craft different than your previous, but a craft nonetheless.
- Shifting from restaurant Ops to Sales, you’re still happy to work 50-55 hours / week, but would be OK doing it during traditional business hours.
- We are growing quickly. The people we hire today need to have both sales skills and the leadership skills to run a small sales team within a year.
- Respect for process, personalization, and relevance.
- You love being a part of a team, we win together
- Fit in, then stand out
- You love restaurants. Everybody loves restaurants but you really love restaurants
Nice to Haves:
- From your restaurant experience, you know that sales cures all and that every minute a manager is in the office is a minute that they are not with staff and / or guests
- You know the right time to join a company
- Professional and succinct writing skills (writing samples provided as part of the interview process)
- Hospitality Tech sales experience
- If you have been in Sales, you love using a CRM system
- OK, well “like” using a CRM system
- OK, well you use it
- No seriously, you do. Every day, all day
The Ideal Candidate:
While this would be your next chapter / career, you continue to be hungry to climb to the top. The best salespeople treat their job as a craft and we train to that, along with all of the high standards that come along with it. You are smart and entrepreneurial and understand that you need to follow recipes before you can create specials. You might be starting something new, but there is opportunity, and a need for you to grow quickly into a position to lead within a year.
Benefits and all of that stuff:
- Base salary and uncapped commission structure. First year OTE for base and commission is $95K
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k), Medical, pre-tax HSA Plan
- Casual atmosphere in Fairfax, VA a block from Mosaic, and lots of nearby restaurants. Yum!
We are established (700+ locations, 93% retention rate), but young (5+ years old) company, and things are not going to be perfect. Having said that – the product is great, we feel we’ve cracked the code on sales metrics (with 6 current team members), and we feel we’re ready for you.
Think this job is for you? Please share your resume, a brief intro letter, and anything else you want to tell us (have some fun with that if you like) - send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MarginEdge is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, religion or other legally protected status.