Instructional Design Intern
MarginEdge is growing fast and we need help in the form of a talented, analytical, and driven Instructional Design Intern to join our team. We have a staff of over 100 people overseas and are planning to hire another 200 in the next 18 months. We are launching a program for online training of these new employees with a Learning Management System and need someone to help with course design and learning strategy for this program. Your role in the company will be dynamic and can easily turn into a full-time position.
OK, but who is MarginEdge?
We’re a young, fast-growing tech company leading a massive shift in the way restaurants operate their back office and manage the hundreds of food & beverage items they buy every day. We help them eliminate paper, reduce costs, and streamline operations, all while providing advanced analytics on price movement, vendor performance, menu pricing, and food costs. We already have a viable product and over 500 excited (and paying) clients.
How did we get into this, you wonder? Our founders have deep experience in both owning/operating restaurants and in building successful tech companies
What’s it like to work with you guys?
We are a small business that is incredibly dynamic and evolving daily. The office atmosphere is one of collaboration and creativity and independence and fun. If you like bureaucracy, micro-management, and boring meetings, well, you just won’t be happy here. You will be happy here if you want to work somewhere you can make a real impact – on a company, an entire industry, and yourself.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Learn our software and the tasks required by our overseas analyst staff
- Design courses for training new analysts based on existing training materials
- Create engaging course content and assessments using real world examples
- Design a certification process that can be used to do continuing education of existing employees and help in the training of new features
- Ability to work from our metro-accessible Fairfax office at least 50% of the time
- Work at least 12 and up to 40 hours a week
- Enrolled in a program for Instructional Design or similar degree program
- Strong analytical skills
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
Think this job is for you? Please share your resume, a brief intro letter, and anything else you want to tell us (have some fun with that if you like) - send to email@example.com.
MarginEdge is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, religion or other legally protected status.