Software Developer Intern
MarginEdge is growing fast and we need help in the form of a talented, analytical, and driven Software Development Intern to join our development team. We are looking for someone who is passionate about Web Application Development and Cloud Computing. Your role in the company will be dynamic and can easily turn into a full-time position after graduation.
Our offering is a SaaS product delivered through a web interface and mobile application. Join us and you’ll have the opportunity to use and grow your skills developing highly scalable backend systems, designing clean and responsive user interfaces and building mobile applications. Here’s a sample of what you’ll be working with:
- Java 8, Spring Boot, JPA, Tomcat
- AngularJS, Bootstrap, Grunt, Bower, NodeJS, D3.js
- Git / Bitbucket, Maven, Jenkins, Sonarqube
- Amazon Web Services: S3, SES, SNS, SQS, RDS, DynamoDB, Lambda
OK, but who is MarginEdge?
We’re a young, fast-growing tech company leading a massive shift in the way restaurants operate their back office and manage the hundreds of food & beverage items they buy every day. We help them eliminate paper, reduce costs, and streamline operations, all while providing advanced analytics on price movement, vendor performance, menu pricing, and food costs. We already have a viable product and over 500 excited (and paying) clients.
How did we get into this, you wonder? Our founders have deep experience in both owning/operating restaurants and in building successful tech companies.
What’s it like to work with you guys?
We are a small business that is incredibly dynamic and evolving daily. The office atmosphere is one of collaboration and creativity and independence and fun. If you like bureaucracy, micro-management, and boring meetings, well, you just won’t be happy here. You will be happy here if you want to work somewhere you can make a real impact – on a company, an entire industry, and yourself.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Learn how to use the MarginEdge software and understand the codebase behind it
- Contribute to our automated testing frameworks by developing new unit and integration tests
- Working with a senior developer, contribute new bug fixes and features to the MarginEdge platform.
- Ability to work from our metro-accessible Fairfax office at least 90% of the time
- Work at least 16 and up to 40 hours a week
- In university or a recent graduate (any level welcome)
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
Think this job is for you? Please share your resume, a brief intro letter, and anything else you want to tell us (have some fun with that if you like) - send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MarginEdge is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, religion or other legally protected status.