Technical Product Manager
Founded and operated by former and current restaurant owners, MarginEdge’s mission is to create a world where restaurant operators can focus on the business they love. By eliminating unproductive paperwork and streamlining the flow of operational data, MarginEdge is reimagining the back office and freeing restaurants to spend more time on their culinary offerings and guest experiences. MarginEdge serves 1000 restaurants in 34 states, having now tripled sales for 3 consecutive years (no lie). We are on track to do it again this year and are looking for your help to keep it up! We are a venture capital backed company scaling up in an enormous market that’s just ripe for change.
This is an opportunity of a lifetime to join a startup that is not PLANNING to grow, but is in the midst of explosive growth! Hop on board!
MarginEdge is growing fast, and we need help in the form of a talented, creative, and driven Technical Product Manager to join our team. You’ll be joining an experienced Product Development group with a proven track record of success.
The Technical Product Manager (TPM) will be responsible for defining and delivering key product features for our Restaurant Management System, including our Mobile App, Invoice Processing Tools, Recipe Database, and Inventory Management System. The TPM will work closely with sales, services, development, and product teams to gather business requirements and provide direction, guidance, and support on the development, delivery, support and sales of the product.
This role requires in-depth product knowledge and an understanding of the technical and functional aspects of the platform. The right candidate:
- Thrives in a fast-paced agile product development team
- Can translate customer business requirements into software features and detailed technical specifications
- Multi-tasks effectively, efficiently juggling the demands of supporting the scrum team with product definition and business functions
What’s it like to work with you guys?
We are a small business that is incredibly dynamic and evolving daily. The office atmosphere is one of collaboration and creativity and independence and fun. If you like bureaucracy, micro-management, and boring meetings, well, you won’t be happy here. You will be happy here if you want to work somewhere you can make a real impact – on a company, an entire industry and yourself.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities
- Work collaboratively with all members of the dev team to ensure that new features are developed and delivered with high quality, user-friendly experience
- Engage with clients in person and virtually to understand customer challenges and needs
- Translate customer challenges and needs into clear and concise functional requirements that also meet the business requirements set forth by the product leadership
- Write detailed technical requirements specifications, break them down into epics and user stories in JIRA, and maintain them during the development process
- Work with the CEO and SVP of Operations to ensure releases are tracking against product goals defined in the roadmap
- Manage the delivery of product releases to customers, including writing release notes, developing training materials, and training internal stakeholders on the product updates
- Support the sales team as needed and assist the product support team as a subject matter expert and in scheduling customer-found defects for remediation
- Bachelors Degree
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in agile product development and business analysis for a business-to-business SaaS product, or equivalent
- Demonstrated history of effective business analysis and requirements specification with a portfolio of work samples
- Ability to understand highly technical subject matter and to communicate about that subject matter to both technical and non-technical audiences
Think this job is for you? Please share your resume, a brief intro letter, and anything else you want to tell us (have some fun with that if you like) - send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MarginEdge is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, religion or other legally protected status.